Friday, August 6, 2010

My Den looks like a hunting lodge. But I would like to lighten it up and make it cozy.?

It has darker varnish on wood paneling. since it is downstairs, there is not much light coming through. I was thinking of recess lights....I don't know how else to bring in light. It has tile flooring, looks like a hunting lodge/wine cellar/log cabin.My Den looks like a hunting lodge. But I would like to lighten it up and make it cozy.?
check out this site for ideas


http://mariesmanor.fateback.com/BOYS/Lod鈥?/a>My Den looks like a hunting lodge. But I would like to lighten it up and make it cozy.?
something i woulod try is to use a pretty baby blue color or maby white with a nice wall paper any light color you want and also maby put some cool lighting it will lighten up your room


p.s do NOt use reds,browns,grays,or dark blues!
I would get a good primer that adheres to glossy surfaces (zissner) and then paint over the paneling.... do it a creamy color.
Recessed lighting is a good concept,you can also highlight and accent or showcase other areas of the room with material that is white or a mirror placed in the right position to achieve your dreams.
try putting in some mirrors to reflect what light is there. might also give the illusion of being larger than it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment