Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is the strangest thing to happen to you while you were hunting?

Not too strange, but it was pretty sweet. Was up in my stand one morning and I see this doe angling across the field towards me. She is followed by a small buck a big buck and a spike buck. As they run by, I shoot at the big buck and they all keep going. About 50 yards and the big buck runs over and jumps into this one ditch. Now he is either hit and went to water, or he ran to the ditch to run and hide.





I wait 5-10 minutes, tiptoe over, peek over the edge and there floats my huge deer. I proceed to drag this beast out of the ditch an inch at a time. I finally get the deer out and I start heading towards the house. Coming out of the pine forest behind my house comes this deer with a very tall rack. Never sees me and angles over towards the oak woods nearby. I drop to one knee and shoot. The deer makes it to the edge of the woods and collapses.





Not bad shooting with a 12 gauge plain ole shotgun.





Another story was when I was a kid and I was deer hunting and this squirrel wouldn't leave me alone. Finally when he was getting a drink, I blasted him. Mud and water flew everywhere and there was the tail floating in the water. I pulled and out came the squirrel, minus his head.What is the strangest thing to happen to you while you were hunting?
i got out of my stand to take a dump ,had to go bad,didn't see anything all morning,so i go over to a down log nearby pull down my drawers and proceed to fertilize the forrest ,I'm about done when i hear crunch crunch crunch coming from directly behind my behind,yep it was a little scraggle horn spike ,he stop dead when i stood up and grabbed my gun, i drew on him and he never moved, im face to face with this little guy and hes just standing there looking at me,we are only about 20 yards apart,mean while my pants are down around my ankles and i realised i was standing bare assed in the woods,i couldnt shoot this little buck,so i pick up some small sticks and start tossing them at him,he just sniffs them as they land on the ground near him,so finally i spoke and his ears perked up and then he started to wander of the way that he came,then i finished doing what i was doing then went home.What is the strangest thing to happen to you while you were hunting?
Actually saw a deer and shot it. :)
A hunter shot out of his stand less than 100 yards from mine. This was in a Northern Florida forrest several years ago. The shooter was caught a couple of days later and he had killed 2 or 3 more before that. I never found out why he said he did it but around that same time in the same area, a man and his son was turkey hunting in the forrest and hidding in bushes. The son was using the turkey call when some idiot hunter heard it and shot into the bushes killing the boy. I have heard that it was the father who went on a rampage, but if it was I cant say I blame him. Its not right what he did , but I think we need some un-responable hunters weeded out ! Its getting insane out there.





In cant tell you the feeling you get when you find out what that shot was, not a deer or a hog, but a hunter just like you. Shot for unknown reasons, needless to say I carry a sidearm everywhere I go now, even in the woods !
A deer ran into me and I fell in a icy lake. Ive only went out twice since.
Fell asleep and was awaken by 2 does who where running away....Must of been snoring....
The strangest thing that happened to me while hunting? Probably the following story:





I was walking to my deer blind before daybreak. The ambient temperature was at exactly 32 deg. F. I forgot my flashlight and decided against going back to the cabin for it. I followed an old cow path to my blind when I was overcome by a strange feeling. An internal voice ordered me to not take even one more step.





I froze in place finding myself unable to move forward. I could see nothing. Finally I resolved to wait until daybreak. When there was light enough to see I found a 5’-09” long Western Diamondback rattlesnake coiled up along the cow path I was walking. It was waiting for anything warm blooded to come along to strike. It was as big around as my forearm and its head was as large as my fist.





I didn’t get snake bit that weekend in ’79 because I trusted that ‘internal voice'—guardian angel—whatever you wish to call it. I believe it was my guardian angel.





Then there was the time a full-grown Bobcat tried to get into my shooting blind with me. But that's another story.





I mostily ground hunt now.





H
Me, my brother, and 2 friends we're out hunting wascially wabbits when we saw one run away, so we all took a shot at it with the guns we we're carrying. None of use we're able to hit, even after we all shot around 50 or 60 rounds combined. Im an very good marksmen and missed, my brother is in the army and a very good shot and he missed, one of the friends is an avid long range shooter and he missed, and the other friend is a Marine sniper and he missed. We were only about 40 yards when we lost sight of the wascially wabbit....





jesus we suck :(
I was sittin in my ladder stand one night just before dawn when a whitetail doe walked out into the food plot that I planted the year before, I whistled to get her to stop walking and lock up. She looked straight at me, froze, then before I got a descent shot, she looked to her rear and darted off into the woods. Now I'm thinking WTF? About five seconds later some lady came walking out of the woods in the same place the doe came from, drunk off her ***, stumbling and tripping on herself, dragging a VCR or something, I still don't know what it was. I watched her stumble all the was across my food plot and into the woods on the other side. So now I'm thinking theres not gonna be another deer come through tonight, so about ten minutes later I climbed down and as soon as I got to the bottom of my stand and turned around THERE WAS THE SAME LADY standing at the bottom of my stand, she was missing her shirt, one of her shoes, and whatever the hell it was she was dragging. She scared the holy **** outta me. Apparently, she found herself a big patch of briars and just started tearing clothes of to get loose. I helped her to my truck and drove her around to three different houses, because she couldn't remember which one was hers and I wasn't about to leave her to wonder around in the woods. That was Indiana gun season '03
One time in central Texas, I had spent nearly three hours in a tree. About that time i saw two possum doing the dirty near my feeder. Then two gay bucks came out and did the dirty to the male possum. It was the gayest thing I have ever seen. Then two doe got it on and that was real hot so i spanked it in the tree

No comments:

Post a Comment