Friday, August 6, 2010

What is a good beginner's book/source of info for different guns/ammo used for hunting?

I'm getting into hunting, but I feel like I need to get more comfortable with all the rifles/pistols and ammunition that you can use. Anybody know of a good beginner's book/video/anything where I can learn about different rifles/pistols used for hunting, ammunition for them, and their uses?What is a good beginner's book/source of info for different guns/ammo used for hunting?
Field and Stream put together a large book called ';The Complete Hunter';. It covers these topics and gives the advice of trusted professionals. The I was in your same position 2 yr ago when I started to take an interest in hunting. I bought the book in the gun department at my local Wal Mart.





D58 has a good point to research these questions online, like in different gun blogs ( thehighroad.com, packing.org, etc.)





I am a big research guy and read all I could. I would give a warning about the blogs. These people can be very convincing, but not always correct. Much of it comes down to personal preference.





If you email me, or edit to include what you are interested in, I would try to help you more.What is a good beginner's book/source of info for different guns/ammo used for hunting?
I would use the your PC and start by searching the net.


You have access to every thing you wont right at your finger tips.


Surf the net.





D58
Yes there is many great sources of info . check out the north American hunting club membership fee is minimal and they have a good number of books /videos offered to you.
  • eyeshadow ideas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment