Friday, August 6, 2010

What ammo and choke tube do I use for slugs in a Remington 870 Express Magnum for deer hunting?

I have the same exact set-up and only shoot slugs out of my smooth-bore. My theory is a slug will go through the brush better than buckshot and have better knock down, plus you need to aim anyways so why not use the round that gives you the most power?





Anyways, I shoot 3'; Winchester Super X slugs out of an Improved Cylinder. With a Ghost Ring sight I can put 5 slugs into an 8 inch group at 80 yards.What ammo and choke tube do I use for slugs in a Remington 870 Express Magnum for deer hunting?
';Improved Cylinder'; choke..... Different companys sometimes call it different names.... What your after is an ';open'; choke....... A straight smooth bore is what you want.....





Look here for more info.....





http://www.chuckhawks.com/shotgun_slugs.鈥?/a>What ammo and choke tube do I use for slugs in a Remington 870 Express Magnum for deer hunting?
Joe is correct but I would add this: Try as many different brands of slugs as you can to determine which is most accurate in your particular shotgun.
Your suppose to use improved cylinder when it comes to shooting slugs out of any gun, un less you have a slug barrel or slug tube....
Use the Improved Cylinder tube and standard Foster type rifled slugs. My Mossberg 28'; with the IC tube will shoot inside 10 inches at 100yds with this set up.
if you have a smooth bore barrel you use rifled slug and an improved cylinder choke


don't click the link from the other poster...........spam...report it

No comments:

Post a Comment