Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where is a website for legal hunting calibers?

I was reading through a few questions and it doned on me that i didnt know.( I dont hunt) I live in TX. I was reading where a gent said mich was divided into to sections. first where it is only rifle and the other where it is open for shotgun(slugs) and 44 mag.... what is it for TX?Where is a website for legal hunting calibers?
For the most part, in TX you can use any caliber that you want. However, you are not allowed to use rimfire ammunition to hunt deer, sheep, or antelope - the primary rimfire round used today is the .22 which is too small to humanely bring down a large animal at distance.Where is a website for legal hunting calibers?
Each state has different laws that permit hunting with rifles or shotguns. I live in virginia on the coast and my county is one of the last counties that is legal for hunting with rifles. It mostly has to do with population density in the county you live in. Most rifles carry a lot further than shotguns, so if there are a lot of houses and people around a rifle round may accidentally shoot someone. Im sure that a lot of texas is legal for rifle hunting, but you would have to check the laws for the county you live in.
Check the Texas DNR website.





http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hun鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment